In the process of marketing goods or company’s web-site via mailing list, be sure to understand what actions are permitted and what are not.
- When using direct marketing via e-mail, you must ensure that the newsletter is delivered only to those customers who have given their consent, intentionally joining the mailing list.
- You must be aware of the origin of the addresses in your mailing list, especially about how their consent for the newsletter was obtained.
- According to the Electronic Communications System Act the responsibility also lies with the person on whose behalf the direct marketing is executed.
- Emailing is allowed exclusively to these addresses which owners have given their explicit consent.
- The use of mailinglist, which is purchased, leased, obtained via web-site scan or by any other means is not allowed.
- Unsubscription from the mailing list must be possible with one-click.
- Special solutions such as MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Sendsmaily etc are used to manage and use mailinglist.
When choosing marketing provider, make sure in advance that the company is not listed in any international spammer database. Some examples:
- ROKSO “The Register of Known Spam Operations” https://www.spamhaus.org/rokso/
- Estonian Data Protection Inspectorates list of spammers: http://www.aki.ee/et/menetluspraktika/rampspostitajate-nimekiri