Only natural persons, company or organization based in the European Union can register a .EU domain name. Domain name will be registered to a person who first submitted an application, on a a “first come, first served” basis. Only person, who submitted a correct application and necessary proof, can claim the right to a domain name.
The registered domain name must meet following conditions/requirements:
- domain name is a minimum of 2 characters long
- domain name contains of the Latin letters “a” to “z”, the digits “0” to “9” or the hyphen (“-”)
- domain name is maximum of 63 characters long
- domain name do not begin or end with a hyphen (-)
- domain name do not contain a hyphen (-) in the third and fourth positions simultaneously
- domain name may not consist exclusively of an alpha-2 country code.