COM, NET, ORG, INFO etc domain name transfer
Before you begin the transfer, make sure you have read all the clauses, otherwise transfer process may fail.
1. Before you start with the transfer procedure, make sure that domain name is at least 60 days oldi.e ICANN regulations prohibit transferring domain names registered or previously transferred in the last 60 days.
2. As by default all of the above domain names are locked, so in order for transfer procedure to be successful, domain must be unlocked at your current registrar. For domain contact search i.e. WHOIS database search can be accomplished on Zone homepage in domain registration field. Type the domain name, click ”Check whom does this domain belong to“ and if domain is locked the status is”Status: Locked“ or ”Status: Client Transfer Prohibited.“
The above statuses exclude any attempts to transfer domain name to other registrar. If the domain was registered by other person or service provider, then you have to contact them to unlock it. After domain is unlocked, WHOIS database shows ”OK“ in the status field.
3. Ensure that the ”Administrative contact” for your domain name has a valid email address in the WHOIS database. This email address is used to send you an important information about the transfer. If it is invalid, contact your current registrar to update it. If your domain name has private registration, a service that hides your personal information from the public, you cannot verify your ”Administrative contact's” email address in the WHOIS database. You must contact your current registrar to cancel the private registration, and then you can update the email address, if necessary.
NB! Domain name will be locked for 60 days, after the domain name owners' contact information is changed in the registrars database. Administrative contacts information can be changed and it will not implicate the locking.
4. In order to begin the transfer procedure, authorization code (also known as an EPP code or transfer key) is required. Without the given code transfer procedure can't be initiated. If someone registered this domain on your behalf then contact this person or the service provider where the domain was registered.
5. After your domain name is unlocked and you have received the very important authorization code, you can begin the transfer procedure on Zone homepage. Thereafter an email in English, containing a reference link to authorize the transfer, is sent from the registrar to the domain name's administrative contact.
When domain name administrative contact has approved the transfer through a reference link www.transfer-approval.com, the domain name is transferred to Zone and it takes about 5-7 days from the time you authorized it for domain name to come Zone administration.
In addition, it's also very important to pay attention to the next clauses:
For more information, click here http://archive.icann.org/en/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm